Chinese Summer Camp Volunteering Service Camp
Shanghai is the city which will present you how modernization meets tradition, and how western culture intersects with eastern civilization. Get ready to indulge yourself in the most energetic and cosmopolitan city in this upcoming summer vacation and you are guaranteed an unforgettable experience!
Chinese Language and Culture full-immersion Summer Camp in China
Tailor-made Program for Teenagers
Our Chinese lessons focus on developing speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in a well balanced way, while each has its own emphasis. The teaching materials we use, offering 12 level of classes, are written specially for our program by BLCU language professors having 15 years of professional experience in running teens Chinese summer camp. For beginners, speaking and listening abilities will be emphasized while for intermediate/advanced level students, the course will develop in depth their skills on Chinese characters recognition, long paragraph reading and writing, as well as fluent conversation.
Diversified Courses and 1-on-1 Tutoring
Besides the intensive general Chinese lessons each morning, to motivate students to learn we arrange diversified language skill development exercises: themed Chinese workshops, debates, role playing, mini-projects, group assignments and more. We also organize a lot of 1-on-1 Chinese tutoring sessions to help students to practice Chinese as much as possible. Fully immersed in a Chinese-only environment, students will have the opportunity to improve language skill and explore the Chinese culture in a real-life setting.
Small Size Classes
Our students come from all over the world, mostly between 10 and 17 years old, having different Chinese levels. They will accept level assessment on the first day of camp, and be placed into different groups according to their language proficiency and age. In a small-class setting, students are able to be very involved in an interactive environment. Each student can receive individual attention from teachers and achieve best studying result. The teacher to student ratio is 1:5.
Fully Qualified Teachers
We have a group of experienced professional Chinese language teachers. They all hold Master degrees majored in teaching Chinese as a foreign language and have years of experience in teenager Chinese education. They have a wide variety of fun and efficient teaching methods to help students to achieve significant progress after the courses. At the end of the program, an official certificate will be granted to each student and a personalized report will be sent to parents.
Traditional Culture Absorption
Chinese language learning and Chinese culture understanding are both emphasized in our program. We provide various culture courses to help students to develop interest in traditional Chinese culture, which will benefit their language learning.
Fun and Educational Excursions
To well balance the "learn" and "fun" of the camp life, we carefully select various sightseeing tours to the most famous attractions and cultural visits to the world-class museums inside and outside of Shanghai. These activities are fun, educational, provide insights towards Chinese culture, and enable students to learn more about the local people, their customs, as well as the social environment in the country.
- Chenghuangmiao: City God Temple Bazaar, heart of Shanghai’s old town.
- Long-jing green tea (Dragon Well tea) plantation village.
- Yuyuan garden, best preserved classical garden of the Ming Dynasty.
- NEW in 2018: Shanghai Happy Valley amusement park.
- Lingyin Temple, famous for its ancient Buddhist grottoes and religious rock carvings.
- Confucius Temple: learn about the life and thinking of Confucius, China's most famous sage.
- Ming City Wall: key historical remain of Ming Dynasty, masterpiece of China's ancient architecture; Zhonghua Gate, the largest ancient city door in China as well as the best-preserved city door in the world.
- Jin Mao Tower: enjoy the panoramic view of Shanghai from 88th floor of the tower.
- Cruise on the Huangpu River and enjoy the breathtaking night view of the Bund, landmark of Shanghai.
- Cruise on the West Lake, one of Top 10 China attractions, reputed for its beautiful scenery.
- Presidential Palace, the White House of China during the Republic period.
- Xiaoling Mausoleum of Ming Dynasty: one of the biggest imperial tombs in China.
- Cultural Experience:
- Shanghai Ancient Museum: world-class museum of ancient Chinese art.
- China National Tea Museum: learn history and culture about Chinese tea.
- China Imperial Examination Museum: learn history about Chinese ancient education system.
- Enjoy spectacular musical extravaganza.
Culture-enhancing Field Trip
Hangzhou, Nanjing and Wuzhen are well-known throughout the country as iconic cities of ancient China. The field trip to these famous historical cities is a fantastic experience for students to discover the charm of China's classic past. During the trip, professional tour guides will provide quality services aiming to give students deeper understanding of the historical sites explored.
- Hangzhou: is known as the "paradise on earth". It has influenced poets and painters throughout Chinese history for its natural beauty and historic relics.
- Nanjing: is the capital city of ten dynasties in ancient Chinese history, a "must-see" place for those who are fascinated by the long and cultured history of China. It has the best-preserved key historical remain of Ming Dynasty and an extensive collection of ancient architecture.
- Wuzhen: is a historical water town known as “Venice of the East”. It boasts more than six hundred years of history and preserves the ancient appearance well. Whether wandering along the riverside or strolling in the lanes paved with blue flagstones, you will be deeply impressed by the picturesque scenery.
After Class Activities
We organize a variety of outdoor activities which enable students to enjoy their camp life. Students can participate in plenty of sports like football, basketball, volleyball, badminton, tennis, ping-pong. Students will have one afternoon session to watch a Chinese movie in the cinema. In addition to daily Chinese classes, we arrange study session each day in the evening aiming at help students achieving maximal learning result. Tutors will be present in the study session to answer students’ questions in homework, and help students in Chinese character writing.
Accommodations and Meals
In Shanghai: We cooperate closely with famous universities in Shanghai to provide beautiful, convenient and extremely safe campsites. Our students study and live in perfect self-contained campus with spacious surroundings and extensive facilities.
- The residential accommodation in university owned on-campus hotel is of high standard (4-star standard), located short distance from classrooms and all available facilities on campus. Rooms are double occupancy, only open to guest students and teachers, equipped with air-conditioner, bathroom with 24hours hot water, all sets of furniture, cable TV, free wifi connection, phone access, 24h security guard.
- Breakfast is served in the hotel restaurant, in buffet style. Lunch and dinner are served at school cafeterias. A variety of nutritious dishes are provided for each meal, compliant with national food safety standards. During outings, we take students to Shanghai local specialty restaurants for dinner. Bottled water is offered every day.
- We take great care to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our students, and for this reason we offer students a real fully immersed on-campus camp life. Everything can be easily found right on campus: groceries, cafe/food shop, bank, hospital, post office, spacious sports fields and various sports facilities.
In Hangzhou/Nanjing and Wuzhen: During the field trips, students will be staying at 4-star standard high quality comfortable hotel in Hangzhou/Nanjing, and at the Chinese ancient house hotel in Wuzhen. Students will have the opportunity to taste local-styled gastronomy restaurants.
To make the camp life easier for students, we provide a wide range of free camp services:
- A group of bilingual counselors will be on-site 24/7 and help students anytime when needed. The counselor to student ratio is 1:4 in order to ensure that each student is well looked after, all the questions are answered and all the problems are solved immediately. Counselors will speak as much as possible in Chinese with students to help them improving their language skill in a real-life setting.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off, at any time in a day.
- Professional laundry service, high temperature sterilization.
- Document issuing for Chinese visa application.
- Passport and pocket-money safe-keeping.
- We welcome students from all over the world between 8 and 18 years old.
- In good health.
- Willing to follow the instructions and management of camp leader.
- Interested in learning Chinese language and culture.
- Flexible and ready to adapt to foreign environments.
- No minimum level of Chinese is required. Beginners can also apply to enter this program.
2019 Program Dates and Tuition
- Session 1: June 26 - July 10, 2019 (15 days) 19,000 RMB (about 2,750 USD*)
- Session 2: July 11 - July 27, 2019 (17 days) 21,000 RMB (about 3,040 USD*)
- Session 3: July 13 - July 30, 2019 (18 days) 22,000 RMB (about 3,180 USD*)
- Session 4: July 26 - August 09, 2019 (15 days) 19,000 RMB (about 2,750 USD*)
(*Price in USD is subject to change with RMB/USD currency exchange rate fluctuations).
The price includes everything after arriving in Shanghai, except personal expense of the student. It includes Mandarin course, 1-on-1 tutoring, Chinese workshops, cultural activities, city tours, field trip, full board package: twin room accommodation, three meals a day, bottled water and snack, 24/7 assistance, airport transfer, laundry.
Learn More About Discounts
|Early Bird Discount:|
applications and payment on or before March 31st
|RMB 1000 off|
|2 family siblings||RMB 500 off per applicant|
|Group Discount: |
3 or above (siblings/friends)
|RMB 1000 off per applicant|
|Returning Student||RMB 1000 off|
|*Only one of the three promotions can be used at a time
Session 1: June 26 - July 10, 2019 (15 days), Shanghai+Hangzhou
Session 2: July 11 - July 27, 2019 (17 days), Shanghai+Hangzhou+Zhouzhuang
Session 3: July 13 - July 30, 2019 (18 days), Shanghai+Nanjing+Zhouzhuang
Session 4: July 26 - August 09, 2019 (15 days), Shanghai+Nanjing+Zhouzhuang
Questions? Please fill in the fields below and we’ll try to help you