Community Service & Hospital Volunteering Program in China
40-50 Hours of Community Service
Our project will be volunteering in a Chinese local famous hospital. Volunteer activities vary based on what is needed. Participants will receive a training session from the hospital at the beginning of the program. Then you will work closely with the local volunteer team on various tasks to help patients. You will also have the opportunities to prepare and participate in various meaningful events organized by the hospital.
This program is dedicated to students worldwide who are seeking to fulfill the community service hour portion of their graduation requirements and/or build a resume in favor of university application. It is an extraordinary opportunity to gain volunteering experience abroad, as well as profound knowledge into another culture. You will learn new skills while helping others, develop spirit of solicitude and team work.
At the conclusion of the program, an official certificate recognizing 40-50 community service hours worked will be granted to participants by the host hospital.
Chinese Language Immersion
2-week total immersion experience, unique opportunity for participants who wish to learn more about and feel more at ease in Chinese. You will form real relationship and make friends with locals. You can develop your Chinese language skill and improve your understanding of Chinese traditions, customs, and social environment through daily interactions with local people. For those who cannot speak Chinese at all, we offer free of charge Chinese classes to make you “survive” in China.
We have well selected fun excursions inside and outside of Shanghai, including sightseeing tours to Shanghai’s famous attractions, cultural visits to world-class museums, and field trip to Hangzhou, iconic city of ancient China.
- Chenghuangmiao: City God temple Bazaar, heart of Shanghai’s old town.
- Long-jing green tea (Dragon Well tea) plantation village.
- TianZiFang: artistic alleys developed from Shanghainese characteristic old Shikumen residential area.
- Lingyin Temple, famous for its ancient Buddhist grottoes and religious rock carvings.
- Leifeng Pagoda: hear about the legend of the White Snake Lady.
- Yuyuan garden, best preserved classical garden of the Ming Dynasty.
- Cruise on the Huangpu River and enjoy the breathtaking night view of the Bund, landmark of Shanghai.
- Old house of Hu Xueyan: masterpiece of traditional Chinese architecture and classical garden.
- Cruise on the West Lake, reputed for its beautiful scenery, UNESCO world heritage site.
- Cultural Experience:
- China National Tea Museum: learn history and culture about Chinese tea.
- China National Silk Museum: the largest silk culture museum in the world.
- Enjoy spectacular musical extravaganza "Impression of the West Lake".
In Shanghai: Campers will be immersed in the beautiful, safe and convenient university campus located in the downtown of Shanghai.
- Rooms are at the 3-star standard on-campus hotel, double occupancy, fully furnished and serviced.
- 3 meals a day are provided, at the on-campus dining halls, with a variety of dishes. During outings, we will take campers to Shanghai local specialty restaurants. Bottled water is offered every day.
- Everything can be easily found right on campus: groceries, cafe/food shops, bank, hospital, post office, spacious sports fields.
In Hangzhou: During the field trip, campers will be staying at 4-star standard high quality comfortable hotel. Campers will have the opportunity to taste local-styled gastronomy restaurants.
We provide a wide range of free services:
- A group of bilingual counselors will accompany campers and help anytime needed. Their missions include but are not limited to: solve all problems immediately, ensure safety beyond the campus, lead campers to accomplish with success their volunteering missions.
- Airport pick-up and drop-off, at any time in a day.
- Daily transportation.
- Laundry service.
- Document issuing for Chinese visa application.
- Passport and pocket-money safe-keeping.
- 14 to 21 years old upon departure.
- In good health.
- Willing to follow the instructions and management of camp leader.
- Friendly, open to communicate and work with strangers.
- Interested in learning Chinese language and culture.
- Knowledge of Chinese is not a must. However, applicants must have the basic ability to communicate in English if he/she cannot speak Chinese.
14-day camp, available year-round. Please contact us for dates.
15,000 RMB (about 2,270 USD, price in USD is subject to change with currency exchange rate fluctuations).
Learn more about discount
|Early Bird Discount:|
applications and payment on or before March 31st
|RMB 1000 off|
|2 family siblings||RMB 500 off per applicant|
|Group Discount: |
3 or above (siblings/friends)
|RMB 1000 off per applicant|
|Returning Student||RMB 1000 off|
|*Only one of the three promotions can be used at a time
Questions? Please fill in the fields below and we’ll try to help you